Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cannot find dorr unlock keycode. 2000 ford excusion. I…

Customer Question
I cannot find dorr...

I cannot find dorr unlock keycode

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 ford excusion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have looked for the code behind radio and on GEM module with no success

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The ford dealer can use a ford scan tool to get code. cost $60

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
IF I PROVIDE TO YOU THE VIN NUMBER, CAN YOU LOOK UP THE DOOR KEYPAD UNLOCK CODE?
9/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Providing the vin number to Ford will not work because they do not keep records past 10 years. If the 5 digit code is still in place on the GEM the GEM/fuse has to be removed from the back side of the fuse panel to remove the GEM. Have you removed it and had a look?

IT WAS MADE IN CANADA. IT DOES NOT SHOW A 5 DIGIT CODE

Okay then the only other option you have is to return to the dealer and they can connect their scan tool to the system and retrieve it for you.