Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I cannot find dorr unlock keycode. 2000 ford excusion. I

Customer Question

I cannot find dorr unlock keycode
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000 ford excusion
JA: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have looked for the code behind radio and on GEM module with no success
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the ford dealer can use a ford scan tool to get code. cost $60
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
IF I PROVIDE TO YOU THE VIN NUMBER, CAN YOU LOOK UP THE DOOR KEYPAD UNLOCK CODE?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Providing the vin number to Ford will not work because they do not keep records past 10 years. If the 5 digit code is still in place on the GEM the GEM/fuse has to be removed from the back side of the fuse panel to remove the GEM. Have you removed it and had a look?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
IT WAS MADE IN CANADA. IT DOES NOT SHOW A 5 DIGIT CODE
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay then the only other option you have is to return to the dealer and they can connect their scan tool to the system and retrieve it for you.