Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Went to start my van today. It would turn over but not

Customer Question
Went to start my...

Went to start my van today. It would turn over but not start. When I turned it off and took out the key it kept trying to start. I have recharged the battery. Now when I turn the key there is nothing happening, not even lights on the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

They all seem to be fine. The van won't even turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Its a 03 2.4 litre back wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Don't want to fix myself. But having trouble getting mechanic until next week at earliest

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

As far as I can see with the van not stopping trying to start in burnt out the starter. I have one of them and know his to change this

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Just found blown fuse for ignition put in a new one and it also blew when I turned the ignition on
9/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what fuse is it?

are you there?

I'm here

I have to run out for a couple hours, be back on around 11 am eastern