Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have replaced the airconditioning pump on my 2005 ford

Customer Question

I have replaced the airconditioning pump on my 2005 ford taurus with a bypass pulley.Now my power steering pump is making noise and Iam getting foam in the pump.Are the two connected?
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: The fluid is OK. The whining gets louder as I turn the wheel.
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes,Iam fixing it myself.Ihave tried bleeding the system several times.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

the power steering pump is in that group of items, is the reservoir low?