Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

The vehicle speed control works some times but mostly does

Customer Question

The vehicle speed control works some times but mostly does not work . when the weather is cold it will work . ???
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: why does'nt it work all the time . How can I diy fix it ?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 explorer sport .
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have used QD Electronic clean
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't want to buy a $375 controler and I used to be a electronic tech but I have no schematics to know what to do .This intermitten controller is bothering me .
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?
Customer: This is way beyound the manuel .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  davehop replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome to JA....does the cruise control lamp come on in the instrument cluster when you press the on button on the steering wheel?
Expert:  davehop replied 1 month ago.
Are you still in need of assistance?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  davehop replied 9 days ago.
Ok...you never answered my original question...does the cruise control lamp come on when you press the on button on the steering wheel?
Expert:  davehop replied 6 days ago.
Are you still in need of assistance?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 5 days ago.

Hi, My name is Jay

Here is the instructions to do a self test on the cruise system. This will help you identify if it is a switch or servo or another component causing the problem. Do the self test and let me know the code you get or what component caused the test to fail and I can then help you further in diagnosis. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shi7nfr0uvurq1d/2002%20explorer%20cruise%20diagnosis.pdf?dl=0

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 4 days ago.

If you have no other questions for me then please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you today. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you JAY ,Now this reply really helped me .So you have earned a 5 * ratting in my book !
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 3 days ago.

I am glad I could help you out. Please enter a 5 star rating into the system so i can get the credit for helping you out. Thanks.