Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I am considering replacing the Temp Control Module in my

Customer Question
2000 Explorer and was wondering...
I am considering replacing the Temp Control Module in my 2000 Explorer and was wondering if I have to remove the dash in order to do that
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Months
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing myself. I am considering ordering the part and having my mechanic do it but am concerned about the labor cost
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
9/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Labor time to replace it is 0.6 hours, about $60 or so.

The radio is removed, then one trim panel, and then unbolt and remove the climate control panel - see attached

2000 Ford Truck Explorer 2WD V6-4.0L VIN E

Save Article

Replace Main Controls

Dash Control Unit

Front

0.6

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager