Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fried safety for, fried* failed suspension, service brake ad…

Customer Question
Fried safety for Mechanic's...

Fried safety for

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Fried* failed suspension, service brake ad windshield washer

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
failed safety for service brake 2003 ford ranger and suspension
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the suspension squeaks but nothing is broken... and if the service brake failed, would the truck still stop?
9/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 1 year ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James
You're saying your truck failed an inspection for the service brakes? Did you mean the parking brake?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sir. Service brake failed and suspension
Alright. What was the failure and what is your question?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Service brake failed. What would be the requirements for failure of the service brake
Is this a state inspection? If so what state? Is this truck used for a business?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
State of hswsii, personal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok back on my pc at home. State of Hawaii - Midas and no not used for business
Alright. The Hawaii DMV is vague on their requirements. From their website:
The inspection technicians will determine if your vehicle is safe enough to be registered in Hawaii. If you pass the inspection, you will be given an inspection certificate, and the results will be sent to the DMV. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for the system to reflect updated inspection expirations.Since the vehicle was at a Midas, who services brake systems, did they give you a copy of the inspection or recommend some work that should be done?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
James, and as you could imagine I'm pretty upset about the way midas is handling this... The "master certified mechanic" originally wrote on the hawaii vehicle section form - under failed items:
** Suspension
** Service Brake
** Windshield
I now that the asher fr the wiper didn't work so that is what he failed me on. I went back to him (midas) for further clarification for the other two items. He said the the brakes failed cause they "pulsed" - I can assure you James' that they do not and I told him so... and he said the suspension failure was due to worn ball joints
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/files/2013/10/HAR19-133.2-PMVI-Manual-for-Inspectors-of-Passenger-Cars-and-Light-Trucks-9-2013.pdfthe manual
Hello. Sorry I was away for a bit. What the mechanic is saying sounds pretty subjective to me. Would you be willing to have the vehicle inspected somewhere else?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
James, that is the same exact word I used when I spoke with midas manager.... subjective. And yes Sir, that is the plan I intended, to reinspect elsewhere but wanted to get a Professional opinion first. Thank you James.
Alright, good luck. You can always post back here with updates.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Hello, I see this question still open. Did you still need assistance?

This site only works on the rating system. When your question has been answered satisfactorily, please take a moment to leave a positive rating. This allows experts to be credited for their time. If you still have questions, please continue to respond in the chat window. You will not incur any additional charges for rating our interaction and the question will not close. Thank you for using Just Answer.