Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Today my car battery was dead and now the ac is blowing hot…

Customer Question
Today my car battery...

Today my car battery was dead and now the ac is blowing hot air. I have never had issues before

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

We had the battery tested and they said it was bad. Also now my sync system is not working. This is 3 issues that all started today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 ford focus se hatchback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband and friend is going to be working on it. Nothing has been tried yet as they are not sure where to start. Unfortunaly we are out of state and have limited tools

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Alternator was checked and come out okay

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I can help on the battery, and AC, the SYNC system I am not good at. Would that be fine?

I have fixed the sync problem and the AC started working again. I am not sure why the car and AC died today as nothing was left turned on in the car. In fact the car was started first thing in the morning and wouldn't start after a trip into town. The battery was charged and is now acting fine. I have driven the car several miles with several times turn off and starting the car again.

So as of right now all issues are resolved and there are no signs of issue correct?

Correct. Not sure why it happened but everything seems resolved for now

As of right now there is not even any diagnostics we can do. Do you want to watch it for the next few days and respond back if it occurs again?

Sounds good

Just respond here when needed.

Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician