Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2006 F350 6.0 with 62000 miles started smoking Saturday

Customer Question

2006 F350 6.0 with 62000 miles started smoking Saturday morning. Assuming it was injectors, we stopped and added injector cleaner. Lost power and died on freeway. Towed to dealership. Evaluation by dealership: something mysteriously caused the injectors to stay open, destroying entire lower block. Repair fee: $15000. WTF???
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Power loss was sudden and final.
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taking it to another repair shop for a second opinion. How could this engine be destroyed at 62,000 miles?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Reading other complaints about this truck, I'm wondering if this truck should be covered by Ford.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

What test did they do to come to this conclusion?