Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mesure DEF with a new refractometer I pulled def from a.

Customer Question
Hello mesure DEF with a...
Hello mesure DEF with a new refractometer
I pulled def from a. tank to mesure and it came out to 28% and I got a new tank and still measure at 28% purchased a 3rd and still reading 28% it says I should be reading 31-32%
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 5 days by:
9/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is the fluid that you are measuring its volatility this may be an issue with the type of fluid you are using.If you have not tried a different brand I would see if this makes a difference.If this is not what you are measuring let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete