Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Replaced ICM on Ford Excursion 6.0 diesel wont start. The

Customer Question

Replaced ICM on Ford Excursion 6.0 diesel wont start.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The batteries are on charge as thy are now flat terminals are ok. the vehicle was running rough then stopped running hence why I replaced the ICM.
JA: What year is your Excursion?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes checked fuel going to injectors, checked both fuel filters replaced due to both were blocked fuel pressure is good, I am now looking at oil pressure as the injectors are controlled by oil pressure oil filter is very dirty about to change this.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have no diagnostic equipment to check parameters on the vehicle need some pointers to get me going in the right direction, just back from R&R and been landed with this issue, is there any common faults I should be checking?
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 month ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 month ago.
You mentioned replacing the ICM. Are you referring to the Injector Driver Module?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 month ago.
Was the IDM programmed to the vehicle with a laptop?