Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am at a store and my gear shifter is stuck. It's a 2004…

Customer Question
I am at a...

I am at a store and my gear shifter is stuck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

It's a 2004 ford tarus I'm female its 4 AM and just wanted

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, I don't know how. I was going to ask where the thingy is under the hood so I can shift by hand. If I do my emergeny break becore I do it then i will be fine just going home

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need to know where that thing is

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....can you tell me if your brake lamps are working? They need to be in order for the shifter to be able to come out of park.