Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have had the power steering salve cyliner, power steering…

I have had the...

I have had the power steering salve cyliner, power steering control valves, and slave cylinder boot kit replaced and I'm still getting leaks. Is it possible that the steering control valves did not seat properly. All parts came from CJ Pony.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

The job was done by my mechanic last week and no I don't hear any whining.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289ci

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

No-local garage mechanic is doing the work. He is skilled in older cars.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also the speedometer cable has been replaced.

Still waiting.
Answered in 3 days by:
9/6/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the steering system components re checked to locate the source of the leaks.Any leaks found will need repaired to resolve this fault here.If this is or was already checked over and found to hard to see the leaks let me know.Check for any leaking seals needing replaced or loose lines.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician