Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I installed a new battery and the sunroof buttons on my 2004…

Customer Question
Hi! I installed...

Hi! I installed a new battery and the sunroof buttons on my 2004 Escape don't work properly - the red ASC button keep blinking, and the other buttons don't function correctly. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

The battery is not leaking - I just put it in - everything else in the car seems fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything except pushing the buttons, holding them, etc. I've been told that this is an after-market sunroof, so there's nothing in the user guide.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
8/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

DO you know what type of aftermarket sunroof it is? or can you sen pictures of the controls?