Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My moon/sunroof on my 2012 Ford F-350 is stuck in the open…

Customer Question
My moon/sunroof on my...

My moon/sunroof on my 2012 Ford F-350 is stuck in the open position. I hear the motor run, but it will not close. Is there a manual way to close it?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

28,500 miles and it is an automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will try to fix it myself if there is a way to do it. It seems to me there should be a place to put a socket/hex wrench to crank it closed. I have not tried yet. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of any now. Will listen and then determine if I can fix it,

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
8/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Is this truck a crew cab?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician