Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2004 ranger, radio power windows and windshield wipers quit

today as I was driving JA...
2004 ranger, radio power windows and windshield wipers quit today as I was driving
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: wiper fuse is good radio fuse bad and blows when new one installed
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hope to, have checked all fuses in kick panel and under hood
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
8/24/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Remove the radio and disconnect the electrical connectors on the back. see if the fuse still blows. thanks

ok

let me know, thanks

with radio unplugged, radio fuse does not blow and wipers and windows operate properly

ok, your radio unit is bad.

sounds like it. It was the wipers and windows involvement I think that tricked me away from the radio circuit. Thanks for your assistance.Jacques

you're welcome, please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
wilco, out.

thanks man. take care

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic