Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

For my 2007 Ford Fusion when I got back from a trip where…

For my 2007 Ford Fusion...
For my 2007 Ford Fusion when I got back from a trip where the car was not driven for two weeks the battery was dead so I had to jump the car. I drove around for maybe 10 minutes. The next day it made this song when I turn on the car, any ideas? Battery?https://youtu.be/fjHPkmDo8eQ
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2017
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon,

That sure looks like a dead battery. Any idea how old it might be?

Any phone call pop-ups you see are automated. Not me.

The battery is probably two years old, I guess it's probably deadish. I was worried about if the starter sounds bad or do you think it's the battery?

From the way the dash acted it seems like a bad battery to me. We have only been getting a couple of years out of the motorcraft batteries recently, and even some of the big name batteries aren't holding up like they used to.

I would probably pull the battery and have the parts store test it.

Ok cool. Ya it's a interstate battery. I will check it and get back to you
I can rate you now though

Let me know if you need additional info.

Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician