HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Returning from trip home, My e350 Van died out of the blue

Returning from trip home, My e350 Van died out of the blue with no warning. Check gauges and check engine light came on, would not crank over or start. Upon further inspection discovered PCM relay fuse 30a was blown, replaced fuse blew again attempting to start. Suspecting the relay I moved around the relays and replaced the fuse, this time engine started but died when put into reverse. After that, replaced fuse again, now will not even start or turn over. If I replace the fuse and turn the key quickly to start position will turn over a couple of times then blow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Which light?
JA: What year is your E350?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not yet

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what engine is in the van, diesel or gas? What engine size? Its still blowing the pcm fuse?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
6.8 v10, Yes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
fuse description, PCM power relay 30a

Just to verify its the 30 amp fuse in the underhood fuse panel F1.21 or the 30 amp fuse in the interior fuse panel?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
under hood 30 amp power dist. box #21

Ok here is the circuit, I put it in a pdf form so you can blow it up. Follow the circuit from the fuse to the switch side of the relay to the letter B in the first diagram, you will see this power up most of the engine controls. You will have to trace the wiring to all theses components and see if anything on the circuit is damaged. Typically an exhaust oxygen sensor wire can melt on the exhaust, being a van it will make it a little easier to remove the doghouse to get to the back of the engine bay. Check the oxygen sensors. The DPFE sensor for the egr system for being melted and repair any wires as necessary. Otherwise you will need to use a 30 amp circuit breaker and unplug everything on the circuit until it stops blowing to identify the source of the circuit fault.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** attachment is vary small, when I zoom in its blurry unreadable.

It sends power to all he fuel injectors, and all the sensors under the hood. inspect the wiring to everything, especially the oxygen sensors for being melted or chewed up by an animal