Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 f-250 7.3. My wife was driving it and it

I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 f-250 7.3. My wife was driving it and it started to lose power so she pulled into a gas station and put some fuel in it.fired right up so she headed home about a 100 yards it died, sounded like it ran out of fuel.We had it towed home. I replaced the fuel pump and still acted like it was out of fuel. I found the 20 amp fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse it fired right up,. as I drove away it blew the fuse again,replaced the fuse blew it again but was able to limp the truck home with barley any power,put another fuse in and it blew it too.I pulled the fuel filter out its clean, fuel in the bowl was warm ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External on frame rail

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

?

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

What year is your station

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

What do you mean station

8/18/2017
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** am currently dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The fuel in the bowl will be warm as there is a heater in there. And actually that is what is common to blow the fuse. You could unplug the heater connector and see if the fuse will still blow to try and verify. Note the wiring to the connector can also case the fuse to blow if it is shorting on the fuel housing, etc...

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate .

Understand it's not one response and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate my efforts.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

I'm at work right now, if by unplugging the fuel heater stops blowing the fuses what would you check next ? THANK'S

If you unplug the fuel heater and the fuse stops blowing, then replace the fuel heater.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
SuperDave
SuperDave, auto technician
Phone call session started
That didn't fix the problem, instaled a new fuel heater and fuel pump blew again , any other idea's ?

Does the fuse blow with the heater disconnected? Also please tell me which fuse number in the fuse box you are finding blown.

Thank you for using Just Answer.