david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I have a 2010 Ford F150 5.4 liter. This afternoon the truck

I have a 2010 Ford F150 5.4 liter. This afternoon the truck blew the lower coolant hose and lost all of the coolant out of the car. It did not over heat and I was able to put the hose back on the vehicle and drive it home without it over heating or any other issues. My question is, is this a common problem? And if it is, is it something that is easily fixed? Should I replace the entire hose or just find a way to attach the hose I have now onto its connection and hope the issue doesn't happen again?

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. This is not a common problem but I have seen this before. Replace the entire hose and then have a cooling system pressure test done on it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, it does seem to be holding fine at the moment but I was thinking if it failed once it will surely do it again. should I take the truck to a ford dealership to have the cooling system pressure test done or will most mechanics be able to do this? Thanks for your answer, was exactly what I needed to know.

any mechanic should have a coolant system pressure tester.

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed. thank you and have a great weekend

thank you very much