Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

When I press the break pedal their is a high pitch squeal

when I press the break pedal their is a high pitch squeal coming from under the dash .It sounds like an air leak ,but the breaks fell fine.Any idea what could be causing it?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It's been doing this for about a week and it sounds like its coming from under the dash in the pedal area.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Taurus se
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not done anything yet but I have replaced the booster and the master cyclinder about 3 month
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was 3 months ago when I changed the booster & master cylinder .

Hi, My name is Jay

Have someone push on the brake with the engine running and see if you can hear the noise in the engine compartment from the brake booster big vacuum check valve or the noise is coming from the booster internal vacuum valve? You most likely have a defective vacuum booster.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"