Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

1998 Ford F-150 cranks but no start, also fuel pump runs

1998 Ford F-150 cranks but no start, also fuel pump runs nonstop while key is on , doesn't stop after a few seconds
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: Will check for spark and fuel here shortly, but my scanner doesn't see the car either, in past it did
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked every fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I should check spark and fuel first

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

What liter engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
5.4
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fuel in rail

Key on, is the check engine light on?

While cranking is the check engine light off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Light on all the time

Since the check engine light is on while cranking, that is a good sign that the PCM is not getting a crank sensor signal. After doing the steps below to regain communication can you see if you get a CKP reading or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj0wuofxcav2l2h/PCMcomm11.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still waiting for phone call
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I be waiting?

Someone else attempted the call, it is not available to me