Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Air bag light stays on replaced air bag module same problem.

air bag light stays on...
air bag light stays on replaced air bag module same problem
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1997 ford f150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes replaced the air b ag module
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes i am i replaced the air bag module
8/17/2017
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, my name is Jay

Have you had the SRS system scanned for stored codes with the Ford NGS tester or equal?

but it says not communicating with system

If the problem is not corrected with a new module then there is a wiring problem and would need to be traced following the pinpoint tests for no communications. This can be dangerous if not done correctly and could set off the airbags. I would recommend only qualified trained technicians do the tests.

These tests are done with putting in an airbag simulator in each air bag connector so the air bags cannot deploy during the tests.

thank for your help

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Jaybird61
Jaybird61
Jaybird61