Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Can you tell me what to check first on 2001 Ford econoline…

Can you tell me what...
Can you tell me what to check first on 2001 Ford econoline van AC not blowing cold. It has been sitting in a grassy area for about a year.
8/17/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing and most common is to check to see if the ac system is low on freon.If it is low then this indicate the ac system has developed a leak needing located and repaired.With the vehicle sitting in some cases the ac condensor can develop a hole in it causing the freon to leak out or the ac line seals can become brittle and crack causing the freon to leak out.

You will need to install ac pressure gauges to read the ac pressure to see if it is low.Usually you want to see around 150 psi on the high side and around 30 to 60 on the low side.If both sides or one is severely low then this usually indicates low on freon.

The other issues since it sat in a grassy area is check to see if mice had chewed up any wiring.Inspect the engine wiring harness and fuse panel wiring for any chewed up or damaged wiring as this can cause this fault as well here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
Pete, Auto Service Technician