Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

AdvanceTrac light and $ wheel drive high lights always on $

AdvanceTrac light and $ wheel drive high lights always on $ wheel drive not $ 4
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Advance Trac, and Four wheel drive high
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Ford Explorer
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried so far....vehicle runs good I don't know how to turn off the Advance Trac and*****JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nop...that's it

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The advance trac and*****lights can come on together like your seeing here.This indicates that a fault is detected with one of the traction control components or 4wd components.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and that can read all computers.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This has to be done in order to locate the fault.

Most shops or a dealer can do this for you and a local parts store can usually read out the codes at no charge to you and can give you an idea of the fault.If you can find out what codes are set and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

I have seen faulty wheel speed sensors cause this fault as well as a faulty 4wd transfer case or differential actuator needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete