Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

03 f-250 4x4 6.0 diesel will not shift from 1st gear and

03 f-250 4x4 6.0 diesel...
03 f-250 4x4 6.0 diesel will not shift from 1st gear and overdrive light on shifter flashes on and off
JA: Does the light flash or stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: flashes no code at this time
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes ck all electrical connections at trans
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: think that will be it thanks
8/17/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you check fault codes using a fully compatible scan tool that can plug into your model and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle?The reason I ask is some scan tools or code readers will only read the engine computer and you need the codes checked in all computers.Usually the flashing OD light and no shift issues are related and with the OD light flashing this indicates there is a code set for a transmission component at fault.This can be a shift solenoid failure which can be common.If your codes were checked with a fully compatible scan tool let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
Pete, Auto Service Technician