Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2014 Escape that is locked in S. When moving the

I have a 2014 Escape that is locked in S. When moving the shift lever to P it does not come out of S. Consequently can't start the car.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: original trans with 40k on the car. Pulled in the driveway to turn around and put it in reverse before the car was stopped. It would not move or start after that.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have used the white release lever under the shifter to get it out of park. When I move the shift lever back to park to start it the dash reflects not in park.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all i can think of

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

At this time do you just need to get it started so you can get somewhere or do you want to diagnose and fix the concern?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
First get it started
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately I do not have the car here yet. I'm having it towed. once it gets here I will choose the call option.

Have someone hold the brake pedal. Turn the key to run. Remove the starter relay under the hood. Briefly jump a wire from pin 3 to 5 to make it crank and start. Use this diagram https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkvs5k8dbfbfz9o/1435.png?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris