Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2007 expedition limited is having issues shifting gears.

Customer Question
check engine light was coming...
2007 expedition limited is having issues shifting gears. check engine light was coming on and code read that the issue was a misfire in 5th and 6th cylinders. replaced ignition coil and spark plugs for 5 and 6
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it blinks...then when the car settles, it goes off
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have a mechanic, who is unable to find the root cause he thinks there is something wrong with the computer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
8/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 3 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 3 months ago

How many miles do you have on the engine and does it misfire at idle in gear?

$170K. no it doesn't
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 3 months ago

Has the vehicle overheated recently?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician