david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

2012 ford fiesta engine fan is not coming on. My son noticed

2012 ford fiesta engine fan is not coming on. My son noticed a/c started blowing warm and later engine coolant temp light came on. I noticed the electric fan is not running. I changed the 40 amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse box with the abs fuse. fan still does not kick on?
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: yes, I don't see any other fuse on the inside box that controls the fan?
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: that's it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Please check the highlighted fuses on the attachment, thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
checked fuses. everything works on the car, no warning lamps on, but engine fan does not run

ok, pull the relay jumper 3 to 5 on the relay plug and see if it comes on

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
pulled relay R5 engine cooling fan relay out of engine fuse box. placed jumper wire from 3 to 5 in the socket. still no fan when I turn engine on. with the relay out, did i need to jumper 1 to 2 also? I'm not a mechanic.

sorry for the delay, all you needed to do is jumper 3 to 5 with key on. you are putting 12 volts directly to fan.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
fan does not power on, what next?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
looking at the schematic, it looks like if I turn the ignition on and have the jumper between 3 and 5 on the fan relay, I should be able to disconnect the connector off the fan motor and check for 12-14 volts on the connector with a voltmeter. If I have power here, the blower motor is bad? correct me if I'm wrong?

fan is bad sir

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.

can I help with anything else?