Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 ford fiesta engine fan is not coming on. My son noticed…

2012 ford fiesta engine...

2012 ford fiesta engine fan is not coming on. My son noticed a/c started blowing warm and later engine coolant temp light came on. I noticed the electric fan is not running. I changed the 40 amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse box with the abs fuse. fan still does not kick on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes, I don't see any other fuse on the inside box that controls the fan?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

That's it.

checked fuses. everything works on the car, no warning lamps on, but engine fan does not run

ok, pull the relay jumper 3 to 5 on the relay plug and see if it comes on

pulled relay R5 engine cooling fan relay out of engine fuse box. placed jumper wire from 3 to 5 in the socket. still no fan when I turn engine on. with the relay out, did i need to jumper 1 to 2 also? I'm not a mechanic.

sorry for the delay, all you needed to do is jumper 3 to 5 with key on. you are putting 12 volts directly to fan.

fan does not power on, what next?
looking at the schematic, it looks like if I turn the ignition on and have the jumper between 3 and 5 on the fan relay, I should be able to disconnect the connector off the fan motor and check for 12-14 volts on the connector with a voltmeter. If I have power here, the blower motor is bad? correct me if I'm wrong?

fan is bad sir

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.

can I help with anything else?

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic