Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

I have a 2006 Ford Motorhome it's an E-450 with a V-10. It's

I have a 2006 Ford Motorhome it's an E-450 with a V-10. It's reading the code for fuel pressure problem. I'm getting 50 psi at the fuel filter and there isn't any connection point at the fuel rail. I have replaced the fuel sensor and fuel filter. I'm looking for the fuel pressure regulator so I can replace it. Also I'm 600 miles from will it hert anything if I drive it home. Thanks
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: How do you check that
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: An E450 Super Duty
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just what I said in my original message
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Hi, My name is Jay

What is the code you are getting? This vehicle has a fuel pump control module near the fuel tank and inside the tank on the pump you have a pressure relief valve (regulator)

Your fuel pressure specification is 28 to 45. You may have a defective fuel pump driver module if you are getting pressures above 45

I need to know the code you got to help you better.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
po 191

You should be able to drive home without a problem. The code P0191 can be from the fuel rail sensor, vacuum to sensor or wiring to sensor. Check wiring is not damaged.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks I replaced the fuel fail sensor before we left and the wiring seemed okay as well as the vacuum lines. Other sites say there is a pressure regulator on the front left fuel rail but I don't see one. Thanks
You do not have one on the rail but is built into the pump in the tank

Just so you know your fuel pressure will vary with engine load and may be as high as 50 when looking at computer data. If problem continues and you keep getting code then replace the fuel pump driver module near the fuel tank.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"