Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Dealer says the water pump needs to be replaced and there…

Customer Question
Dealer says the water...

Dealer says the water pump needs to be replaced and there could be coolant in the engine and the oil pan. Cost is $2000.00. Is that high for this job?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Never over heated and serviced at 100,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Ford?

2001 edge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

2010 edge

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dealer said the engine will need to be replaced. Won't know until the water pump is installed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 11 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, is the 2000. just for the water pump???

Roy

For the tech to work8-13 hours and parts

payment failed. once you get that straightened out with customer service, I will be glad to speak with you.

let me get a bid for you.

Roy

2k is way too high. it pays 11.4 hours for labor and the pump is about 100 bucks.

Roy

are you there???

Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation

got this message. once you straighten this out, I would be glad to speak with you.