Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

No power to the starter motor, Consistent, 2001 F250.

No power to the...

No power to the starter motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 F250. Ignition turns on other things, like fan motor, but won't power the starter motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Have checked fuses, battery connections, and neutral switch on the transmission. Truck will start when bypassing switch, hotwired directly from battery

8/14/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

What liter engine?

5.4
Motor is 5.4 liter

At the starter relay is the small tan/red wire and terminal showing power with the key held in the start position?

Don't see a small tan/red wire and terminal. Where is it? Are the relays in the fuse box?
Or next to the battery?

The starter relay is mounted to the passenger fender

Thanks for your help. I'm signing off.

You are welcome, keep in touch if needed.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Phone call session started
I received a message stating that you could not respond by phone. I ended the conversation. I received a phone message several hours later after taking my car to a shop. I never actually spoke to anyone on the phone therefore I don't believe I should be charged for a phone call.

Contact the website and they will address the phone call fee. Do you need more help diagnosing the starting system?

No, thanks.

Super

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician