Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced cruise control switches....now everything back in…

Customer Question
Replaced cruise control switches....now...

Replaced cruise control switches....now everything back in place....when we hook battery up horn won't stop...tried everything that was in article but no luck...2002 explorer sport 6 cyl.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

4.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

Husband working on it.....tried locking unlocking...cranks fine, but when lights go out horn goes off continuous

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't guess

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....it is possible that the horn wiring is pinched .....can you remove the driver's air bag and inspect the wiring for the horn?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your reply came too late....my husband figured out the problem and now it's all fixed.

ok