Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a 2004 e250 with a 5.4 liter that has a miss in the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 e250 with a 5.4 liter that has a miss in the motor.
I change the plugs and coils plus the gas filter. I did a compression test on the motor, came up with 125 pounds. The motor keeps coming up with po307 miss fire in number 7 cyl.. can you help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

The firing order is 13726548.

#1 cylinder is the front one on the passenger side and it goes 1234 front to back. The driver side has 5 in the front and goes front to back 5678.

If you have a misfire on #7 that isn't a spark plug or spark plug wire, isn't a fuel injector compression or a vacuum leak then about the only thing left is a camlobe either intake or exhaust on #7 that has flattened down and not lifting as much as it should. You could remove that valve cover, remove the fuel pump relay so it don't start, have someone crank the engine over with the key and watch and compare those lifts with the other cylinders on that bank and if either on #7 are low, you would have to change the camshaft.

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.