Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

2000 e350 started to pull away, before getting out of the

2000 e350 started to pull away, before getting out of the driveway it stalled. Then it wouldn't turn over.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes- doesn't seem to be the battery. I replaced the starter and solenoid
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, trying as I would have to have it towed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Tell me which engine is in this and if a auto or manual trans and I'll tell you want fuses to check and what where the starter relay is located, unless you know and if you do put your finger tips on it and feel if it clicks when the key is turned to start.

Do you have a voltmeter or at least a 12 volt test light in case we need to test the starter circuit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
5.4 Liter. Automatic trans. Don't have a voltmeter and I'm currently not in the location of the van

When you are take this wiring diagram with you and check those fuses.

on't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

any news?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not a fuse. Still no turning over

When you go back take either a voltmeter, or a 12 volt test light and/or a new starter relay and try the new relay, or if not, at least check them fuses for voltage on both sides of the fuses.

If the fuse 23 shows power on both sides but the 34 does not, it appears you may have a faulty ignition switch and remember them fuses are in different fuse boxes, the 23 in the battery junction box and the 34 in the central junction box.

If the fuse does have power to both sides when the key is on start, then feel if the starter relay clicks when the key is turned to start and if not, you may have a faulty neutral safety switch (transmission range sensor).

Any news?

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.