Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Working on a 2005 Suburban LE front blower fan quit working…

Working on a 2005 Suburban...
Working on a 2005 Suburban LE front blower fan quit working fuses under the hood and driver side rear blower still working
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/8/2017
Gunvir Singh

HEllo, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Have you checked for power signal present at the front blower motor?

Not yet

Need to start by checking the signal present at the connector. If both power and ground signal present and motor does not work that means you have a faulty motor. If no power present that means problem in circuit from fusebox and if no ground signal present that means problem is circuit from switch and resistor.

OK pull down the blower motor and I've got 14 V On both sides of the connection whether I have the switch on or off
Reading the purple wire I've got voltage with the fan disconnected reading the black wire I've got ground with the fan disconnected but I have purple I have power on the purple wire all the time Key in or Key out
If I power of the fan manually it works
Checking the power on the resister I have power and the power side yard if you will I am ground on the ground side I've got 4.7 inches 4.7 V on the control side I have the fan plugged in right now and it's starting and stopping about every five seconds
It only cycles on the highest two positions on the fan it jumps for a second and goes off about every five seconds
Is there a way to test it? Are you talking about the dash unit in the photo
OK I have the panel on the dash off I have a great connector any blue connector I'm having trouble deciphering which wires I'm supposed to check according to your photo The purple white wire that goes to the controller has 5 V to ground wire has the ground and as far as I can tell the two Power wires have power

Is the 5v ref present at the purple cable with control head connector on or off?

It was there with the connector off I will check it right now with The connector on

Also check if it changes when you switch through different fan speeds.

I have signal with it plugged in but it slightly lower 4.7

Does it change when you switch the blower speed?

No it doesn't change with blower speed I actually bought a control module today and that didn't fix it so I put the under dash resister in and that fixed it
Thanks for your help

You're welcome and glad to hear it got squared And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh