Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My ac was working intermittently no has stopped completely…

Customer Question
My ac was working...

My ac was working intermittently no has stopped completely 2010 ford edge with automatic air

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

No it wont blow on ac or heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

My bf is and he replaced the blower motor resistor and it still doesn't work. so he took the motor out and I just got the new one. I checked the power to the connector to the motor and it reads 14 volts with the engine on and the motor at high speed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really just that it is really hot

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
we have not installed the motor yet. he tested the old motor and when he put power to the motor it kicked on but not sure if it has full power.
8/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 11 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have the Sync display with the AC controls on the digital screen or the push button controls?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy