Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to replace the alternator and get the air condition…

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace the alternator and get the air condition fixed

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you done a battery test? Has there been any change in headlight brightness?

My husband was driving the kids to school and mentioned that the lights went dem and the light fixtures on the dash board were on and the suv cut off when he made it home

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 ford edge SE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

He would like to take it to a friend, I want to take it to the shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
8/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Has your Edge charging system be checked to be sure the alternator has failed?

Are you needing the replacement steps?

no and no, I was inquiring about a round about fee for the work

The labor to remove and replace the alternator call for 2.3 hours . You can get a manufacturer Alternator for about $120 depending the on the source price may very a bit. In order to get a estimate on the AC you are going to need to have the system diagnosed to determine what has failed . The systems pressure will need to be checked as well. The usual diagnosis time for this is one hour.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician