Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I need to replace the alternator and get the air condition

Customer Question

I need to replace the alternator and get the air condition fixed
JA: Have you done a battery test? Has there been any change in headlight brightness?
Customer: My husband was driving the kids to school and mentioned that the lights went dem and the light fixtures on the dash board were on and the suv cut off when he made it home
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 ford edge SE
JA: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: he would like to take it to a friend, I want to take it to the shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Has your Edge charging system be checked to be sure the alternator has failed?

Are you needing the replacement steps?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no and no, I was inquiring about a round about fee for the work
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The labor to remove and replace the alternator call for 2.3 hours . You can get a manufacturer Alternator for about $120 depending the on the source price may very a bit. In order to get a estimate on the AC you are going to need to have the system diagnosed to determine what has failed . The systems pressure will need to be checked as well. The usual diagnosis time for this is one hour.