Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I was changing my spark plugs and unhooked my fuel injector

Customer Question
sencer and loosen the bolts...
i was changing my spark plugs and unhooked my fuel injector sencer and loosen the bolts also then alittle gas came out then i put every thing back together and started it and gas was spraying every ware from the fuel injector sencer. the spark plugs are ok but gas everyware...
JA: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?
Customer: alot over a hundred thousand but i change them when i got the truck and it had seventy thousand then and changed them know
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: ford f150 2006 5.4 ltr v8
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just need to know how to fix my problem with the fuel injector sencer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that thank you so much..
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
8/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

What exactly are you referring to as a "fuel injector sensor"?

Are you sure it's not just a "fuel injector" and not a 'sensor"?

Here is a Exploded View Of Fuel Rail And Fuel Injector, can you point out something on there that you are referring to and also these bolts you say you loosened?

Was it 1, 7 or 11?

If it was 7 make sure you didn't loose an o-ring.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician