Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Second opinion] I have a 2007 f150 5.4 it has a rough idle…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a 2007 f150 5.4 it has a rough idle or misfireJA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?Customer: it is consistent I have changed the plugs and coilsJA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: I am fixing it myself I have put new spark plugs and coilsJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: this is a brand new engine i just put in with all new sensors on the engine
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
8/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Above idle driving the vehicle is there a misfire?

From idle to about 2000 rpm is the worst then it seems to smooth out but I have not drove it very far

Is it storing any codes?

Will your scan tool run a power balance test?

I will not be able to hook up a scan tool for a couple days I am out of town for work I do not think it will run a balance test it is just basic reader

Do you want to hold off on diagnosing this till you are back?

I will hold off and get back to you

Super

Ron, ASE Certified Technician