Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Second opinion] I have a 2007 f150 5.4 it has a rough idle

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a 2007 f150 5.4 it has a rough idle or misfireJA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?Customer: it is consistent I have changed the plugs and coilsJA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: I am fixing it myself I have put new spark plugs and coilsJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: this is a brand new engine i just put in with all new sensors on the engine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Above idle driving the vehicle is there a misfire?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
From idle to about 2000 rpm is the worst then it seems to smooth out but I have not drove it very far

Is it storing any codes?

Will your scan tool run a power balance test?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will not be able to hook up a scan tool for a couple days I am out of town for work I do not think it will run a balance test it is just basic reader

Do you want to hold off on diagnosing this till you are back?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will hold off and get back to you

Super