Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 expedition, won't start, battery is dead, and the check…

Customer Question
2011 expedition, won't start...

2011 expedition, won't start, battery is dead, and the check brake system warning is on for some reason

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

It's on a charger now, load test shows its pullong less than 8 amps

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's sunday, I don't have an option really... I tried turning it over after 20 minutes on the charger, it tried once and died again. I was going to let the charger take it to 100% then see if I could get it running

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had the oil changed this week, they say they put in the normal 7 quarts, but it is full to the second hole on the dipstick

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 year ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Is this the original factory battery?
It will have a black label and a small sight glass with either a red or green dot in it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not the original, it is a ford motorcraft, replaced in February 2015
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anyone there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you just charge me to ask me if the battery was the original? What the hell...
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Would you like me to help?