Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Ford Expedition XLT it is hung in park and…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Ford Expedition XLT it is hung in park and won't come out no matter what I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

It was coming in and out of park sometimes but now it won't come out at all and my brakes are sponge like I have a master cylinder problem but when I get it in gear before it hung completely they are fine driving down the road.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 11 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Have you checked the shift lock actuator and circuit?

The shift lock actuator preventing the shifter from coming out of park may be faulty or it may not be getting power..

Also, be sure to check the brake lights to ensure they are working and be sure to check all fuses on board the vehicle.

Fuse 5, 27 and 102 all in the central junction box are needed for the shift lock actuator to work. (be sure to check all fuses just to be sure)

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>