Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 ford escape and my son has locked the keys in…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 ford escape and my son has locked the keys in the car. I have no keyless entry code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Fob's battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing but old hanger tricks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
8/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately when this occurs the only options are to try and leverage the top of the door open with a wedge slightly and carefully and use the wire hanger to try and hit the unlock button or to contact a lock smith/AAA company to come out and use their door slim jim tools to open the door.The other option is to obtain a replacement key from a dealer.They may be able to cut a key blade from your vehicles VIN number to then unlock the door.But these are the only options with an issue like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete