Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2008 f150 Harley Davidson ac blowing but not cooling tire…

Customer Question
2008 f150 Harley Davidson ac...
2008 f150 Harley Davidson ac blowing but not cooling tire pressure sensor showing fault and radio not turning off all happened at the same time. All problems went away by themselves for a few hours then all reoccurred simultaneously and have not gone away. Please help. What could cause this.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Ok thank you Mike.

Let me take a look at them wiring diagrams first to see if any circuit is common between them all or any module. In the meantime can you tell me is the ac compressor kicks on and runs or not when max ac is chosen and engine running?

Also, the exact message the instrument cluster shows about the tire pressure monitor. Does the radio still remain on even after the engine is off, key out nd driver door opened? Is this a base radio, premium or navigation?

Would you happen to have a scan tool or code reader?

Ac compressor does not kick on no navigation radio and windows work when truck off key out and door opened. Tire pressure fault and showing symbol. All problems went away on their own for about an hour and then all came back at same time so this has to be all related to the same source.

So far I see the ac, has grounds G104 and g110, fuses 11 and 32 in the central junction box. The radio has grounds G201 and G202 and fuses 1, 22 and 38 in the CJB, so nothing in common yet.

Except fuses 32 and 22 hot when accessory relay is energized and that does sound like it might have something to do with. Let me get that tire monitor diagram also and the power distribution as well. Be right back.

Ok.

I am still looking for the tpms wiring diagram but in the meantime see if swapping that accessory delay relay in the cjb fixes this problem and if so, get a new relay for where you swapped it to so that don't have a problem now. Let me know if it does work though.

Windows , too. You never mentioned that before but it does make sense cause the windows are also powered from that accessory relay as well.

Wait 22 was hot with accessory relay energized, 32 was hot with pcm relay energized.

Ok will do. I am not home right now but will do as soon as I get back.
What does that mean?

What does what mean?

What you said about 22 and 32 .
It sounded like you figured something out. Just curious
Don't mind me. You are the expert. Sorry about the unnecessary question.

They are fed from 2 separate relays, so try installing brand new relays in both of those spots. I will show you where just a moment.

First the wiring diagrams I was looking at. I didn't ever find a tpms wiring diagram, they led to warning systems but it wasn't there.

In the central junction box, install a new pcm power relay and a new accessory delay relay shown here.

Ok I will try that. Like I said before if we identify one issue it should correct them all. So even though we do not have all info for tpms we might still be good. I will let you know as soon as I get home . I have 7 kids and am school shopping.

Here I am pointing to them.

have fun.

The cjb is near the right A pillar. Under dash.

I did swap the pcm with the fog light relay when I was trying by myself and no luck but I did not try the accessory one.

Yeah, try that one, too. Do the fog lights still work?

It looks like the accessory delay relay will swap with several others in that box, just don't use the starter relay.

I do know where that is like I said I tried swapping the fog light relay with the pcm relay. The fog lights did work with the pcm relay they did not with no relay. So I assumed relay is good for pcm. I never tried the accessory one. I hope it works!

Let me know if it does or not.

Will do ! I can't wait to get back. I am going to be a couple hours though. I am at the wife's mercy.

No problem.

Swapped it out with the high beam relay. No luck Mike. Still doing it.

I think your next best bet is to have the trouble codes retrieved from all of those computer modules. The Ford dealer will probably be the best bet for that.

Hey Mike hope all is well. I found out something interesting this morning. I went to move the truck when it was still dark out and when I turn on the headlights all Issues go away. When I turn them off problem comes back.... crazy!

Really? Remove that high beam relay and leave it out and try that again.

Same thing. Lights off problem appears lights on no problems

have the trouble codes retrieved from all of those computer modules

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician