Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I pulled into my driveway, car was working fine. Shut it off

Customer Question

I pulled into my driveway, car was working fine. Shut it off and bam, nothing, no lights. nothing
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Every light in the car. No head lights, tail lights, dash lights. Nothing is working.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006 ford fusion se
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I didn"t tru\y anything as It is dark now and an a female. Battery is not that old so I don't think it' that. The car started fine when I left my job but when I shut it off in my driveway and tried to lock it there was no power at all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was fine then just died.
Category: Ford
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Ok first things first we need to verify battery voltage, go you have a volt meter for testing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You can cancel this request, now that I can see under the hood, one of the connections to my battery cable to battery cracked,

is there any way you can rate my performance before we close out this session?