Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to replace my standard power mirrors with mirrors…

Customer Question
I want to replace...

I want to replace my standard power mirrors with mirrors that have the signal light in them. Is that possible with out having to re-wire the truck?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The turn signal lights in the mirror Mine is a 2003 Ford F 150 Regular cab XLT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

F 150

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You may or may not have that option the only way to tell is to pull the driver side panel and inspect the harness that is there and check for power on the pink wire should be labeled #7 and there is a relay that feeds it under the right hand dash make sure that is there as well

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only want to know if it is possible to swith the mirrors without rewiring the harness.
I have heard that you can move a pin and it will be possible.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a pink wire under the dash.

did you find the relay location?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I was busy yesterday.
Looking for it now.

let me know if you have any other questions