Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I want to replace my standard power mirrors with mirrors

Customer Question

I want to replace my standard power mirrors with mirrors that have the signal light in them. Is that possible with out having to re-wire the truck?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The turn signal lights in the mirror Mine is a 2003 Ford F 150 Regular cab XLT
JA: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: F 150
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

You may or may not have that option the only way to tell is to pull the driver side panel and inspect the harness that is there and check for power on the pink wire should be labeled #7 and there is a relay that feeds it under the right hand dash make sure that is there as well

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I only want to know if it is possible to swith the mirrors without rewiring the harness.
I have heard that you can move a pin and it will be possible.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will check

thats what we are looking for here is the relay location as well

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is a pink wire under the dash.

did you find the relay location?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I was busy yesterday.
Looking for it now.

let me know if you have any other questions