A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

When I push any buttons on my dash that controls climate l

Customer Question

When I push any buttons on my dash that controls climate l get a message that says no disk and nothing happens also other functions are not working. Backup camera works fine but can't raise or lower temp on drivers side temp is locked at 90'
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: Came with vehicle
JA: What is the model of your '90 Ford?
Customer: 2010 Flex Limited
JA: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually l have removed the dash and unplugged everything attached then reattached everything also disconnected battery and then re attached it no help l am working on the vehicles myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to find parts but was unable to get any info
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 months ago.

The problem is the FCIM (Front Control Interface Module) which is the button panel for the radio and the AC system. It is a module within itself which will need to be programed to the vehicle for it to work. But I would recommend having the FCIM tested problem along with the other AC and Radio modules just to confirm that the FCIM is the problem.