Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Previously had issue with wrench code showing, found out the

Customer Question

previously had issue with wrench code showing, found out the air cleaner clamp wasn't on right, fixed that and eliminated the wrench code and limp mode. Thursday was driving through a field, van died and showed wrench code but went off when tried to restart. now will crank, start with ether, but no fuel
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: is there an inertia switch on a 2011 e350, 5.4 flex
JA: What year is your Flex?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced throttle body due to previous problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: location of inertia switch if there is one
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

My info does show you have an inertia switch.It is located under the dash on the passenger side.Unfortunately this is the picture I show on this here myself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1g7s2au92q94qd/inertia-08-05.gif?dl=0

This model does not tell me if it is resettable.If it is usually there is a button or switch on it to reset it.This may be a faulty fuel pump causing this here.The fuel pump can fail suddenly as I have seen before with it needing replaced.You would have to have the power and ground tested to it to see if the power signal is missing and if it is then the inertia switch most likely needs reset or replaced and if it has power and ground then the pump is faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can not find inertia switch Rlelay is activating
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was not able to get back here yesterday.

Unfortunately my info isnt showing me a clear procedure on how to access it.Have you checked all over under the dash area and passenger kick panel area for it?