Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Wheres the ac cycling switch located? Im out of town and…

Customer Question
Wheres the ac cycling...

Wheres the ac cycling switch located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Im out of town and think my ac compressor is going to seize up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 taures -- i think SE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to. Nothing yet. Ac doesnt work, but does blow. Its the sound around my serpentine is why I think it is AC related.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just trying to get home to my mechanic--*****

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** you just turn your a/c to panel vent it will turn off the compressor. If the pulley bearing is bad then it will not help since belt always turns it even if compressor is off.

"Let me know if you any other questions? My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you give me an idea of -- if it is the pulley-- if I can try and drive it 3 hours to my mechanic?

If you turn off the a/c does the noise go away?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Can you identify if the noise is from the a/c or one of the other pulleys? If not then belt would need to be removed to turn each pulley to see what one is causing noise.

Do you have any other questions for me?