Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

VIN 1FTWX32F02EB20413 This truck has a Chelsea PTO. Number…

Customer Question
VIN 1FTWX32F02EB20413 This truck has a...
VIN 1FTWX32F02EB20413
This truck has a Chelsea PTO. Number on PTO is C21-P-612. The engine used to idle up when the PTO was engaged and it was now quit. Do you have a Chelsea troubleshooting manual/wiring schematic or insight on which wires to check on the Ford side as to why it quit idling up?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can you tell me the location of the powertrain control module?
Answered in 2 days by:
8/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 11 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The PCM is on the firewall, near the emergency brake, under the dash.

Is that a 612 or a 812 for the last 3? There is a 812 series, but not a 612 series...

On the wiring, is it OEM installed, installed by a body builder to the body builder hookups, or aftermarket? How is the switch to turn on and off?

Was the vehicle in the shop at all where it could have had any updates to the PCM?

I'm presuming the PTO works like it should otherwise?

Oh, check the brake switch at the brake pedal. If it is shorting out, even a .01 volt short through it, it will keep the idle from going up. It may note short enough for the brake lights, but it will short enough for the idle.

Same as the neutral safety switch/back up switch. Make sure there is no oil at them. I couldn't see in the VIN if auto or manual, but if auto the backup/neutral switch tends to crack internal and leak into the switch causing shorts inside it. I would rule that out as well.

Otherwise, the only steps is to check the PTO signal to the PCM for the idle up as well as the engine parameters if all else checks good.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

We figured this problem out yesterday. Please close this case

Ok, i will send it to customer service. I was just downloading the diagrams for the truck and the manual for the PTO. I'll cancel that.

Enjoy your day!