Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

I have a 1996 Cadillac Concour, runs hot & leaks, I brought

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Cadillac Concour, runs hot & leaks, I brought the car into the shop...one month and $5,000 later it was fixed. And it was pressure tested and passed. The car ran Great....then 3 months later the same problems, got hot, over heated, and now trying the Titan System. I was half way through (20 mins idle then 20 mins cool x 3 this is "One Set" and Titan requires 10 to 15 sets to finally completely seal. I only got to five sets of (20/20 x 3) of the High grade Titian sealent treatment. When the "I guess the water pump went out because there was no pressure or water going through the upper radiator hose. So tomorrow I have someone " a mobile auto mechanic" coming over to the house to replace the thermostat first if that doesn't work then the water pump will be replaced. NOTE: I did not hear any "grinding" coming from the motor I went to the Cadillac Dealership and bought ALL the parts and gaskets even the "water pump socket device to take the water pump out. Hopefully that will do the trick. Then start the Titan sealer process again. NOTE The Titan company sent a complementary product to me again since the full process was halted due to the fact no water was going through the radiator hose Titan said..."You need to replace the water pump first before continuing". So I flushed the coolant/sealer system with water as they suggested, to get all the sealer out (about 20 mins) I really want this to work and completely seal the leaks. Titan moto... 98% of all Northstar our client have are fixed the first time, if your Northstar is not one of the 98% fixed...then "We"... Titan will send you out another "batch" and that WILL fix the problem. Titan virtually walks you through the process, they are really good. Titan is the only sealer that does not have "glass water" in it, (the stuff that cracks in time) Supposably Titan is the best on the market (it cost me over $200, including the oil treatment sealer.) I know Northstar are notorious for over heating, I really want to fix the Cadillac because it is sentimental to me it was my dad's car. Can you help me, please Thank you very much ST
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello there,

I like their motto, you should take them up on that.

98% fixed first time.

Any form of leak sealer is really only a bandaid.

Might buy you some time until another major job though.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary